Thursday, October 6, 2011

Here We Go Again...

I re-activated my OkCupid account today. Partly as a joke and partly out of spite. I am in no way ready to begin dating again. I figured I would just "see who's out there." Let me share with you what it's like being back in the field:



Message #1) Hi. How are you?


Profile reads: 5'9, likes kids, has dogs, speaks Russian fluently, Income: less than $20,000.


His self-summary: I'M A SIMPLE GUY EASY OUTGOING UNDERSTANDABLE I LIKE TO MEET NEW PEOPLE FRIENDS I LIKE TO WATCH MOVIES GO TO MUSEUMS WATCH SPORTS ON TV. TAKING MY DOG FOR LONG WALK MY FAMILY IS IMPORTANT TO ME THEY THERE FOR ME WHEN I NEED THEM. I LIKE BOWLING I LOVE CHINESE TURKISH MEXICAN FOOD I LIKE TO LISTEN TO ALL TYPES OF MUSIC


Forgive me, I don't think that a shared love of moo shu pork is reason enough to date someone! Plus, his use of ALL CAPS kinda scares the heck out of me. Did I mention he's at least 60 pounds overweight and all his photos take place in the mirror which screams "I don't get out much!” Next...



Message #2) How are you? - Dmitriy


Come on! You can do better than that :-) - SophieRose


Good morning, My name is Dmitriy, I reside in Rego Park, Queens. I am intrigued by you and would love to know more about you. P.S. Thanks for not accepting a one lined response


Profile reads: Ill whisper that in your ear at the right time in the right place.

I

am really good at making people laugh, helping my friends with computers and electronics as well as cooking, writing poetry and kissing.

My largest sex organ is my brain.

This poor guy screams NERD in every way possible. And while smart is the new sexy, I don't think I'll be getting off on his "brain" anytime soon...



Message #3) Hi Sophierose I like ur profile I'm looking for a good down to earth girl who's knows how to have fun and u cought my eye so if you seem interested message me and well see how it goes ttul :Will


His profile reads: HI MY NAME IS WILLIAM BUT EVERY ONE CALLS ME BILLY, IM 5'10? 185 MED BUILT, SHAVED HEAD, BLUE/GREEN HAZEL EYES, IM A NICE GUY I DONT SMOKE AND I DONT DO DRUGS.


I’m really good at paintball, pimping out cars, sports, pool, swimming, bowling, and kissing so im told lol.

The first thing people notice is my eyes because they are beautiful so im told. I dont

read that much. My favorite food has to be brick oven pizza I love it so much.

I could never live without A loving and caring woman by my side, money, a job, my car, food, cat and my daughter.

I spend a lot of time thinking about: the purfect woman.

On a typical Friday night I am eather out with friends drinking and dancing, or home spending time with my daughter or playing ps3 online.

i sometimes cry during sad parts of a movie :"(

You should message me if you like to go and just have a good time and bug out and if ur down for a little some thing some thing that could happen to so if ur intrested holla.

I’m looking for new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating, activity partners, casual sex

Let’s pretend for a minute that he’s not looking for casual sex, or as he calls it “a little something, something.” Let’s pretend I did not count nine spelling mistakes. Let’s pretend he didn’t say he couldn’t live without his cat and is looking for the “purfect woman” - pun intended??? Let’s pretend I am the kind of girl who likes to “bug out” and wants to “holla back” and enjoys a man who “pimps out cars...” No, never mind. Even I can’t pretend *that* well.



Now that I know who’s “out there,” I officially give up. I'm going back to bed. Alone.

3 comments:

  1. Girl, I tell you, the dating scene is just not what it used to be. I've been in it off and on for about 8 years. Some of the guys I get messages from, I just shake my head and wonder how they think I'd be interested in them, then realize, they probably didn't even take the time to read my profile as thoroughly as they should have. I came across one that had a bunch of random letters and symbols, just to take up space. Oh yeah, like your picture is that great I'm going to want to meet you based off looks alone. NEXT! I'm a single mom of a 5 year old daughter and I meet a guy, she gets attached, then he decides he doesn't want to further any emotional involvement. Really? When just two days ago you were ready to come stay the night and spend time together but then fall off the face of the earth. Wow! What goes on in the mind of a guy is beyond me sometimes. I've given up on finding the right guy, even though I still have my dating sites up. *Sigh* So I totally understand how you feel. Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate online dating. Like seriously hate it. At first I liked it because I could use it as a screening tool of sorts, but really it just was a bunch of messes to clean up.

    I haven't met a man in person in a very long time. Like before I was married. I always have my now 7 year old in tow so that scares off the majority of elligible bachelors and the ones that do approach me are older than my dad wanting that "piece of pepper". Lame.

    Anyway, what I'm saying is, is that it's okay to be hurt and interested and also not wanting to date at all. I haven't been on a date in almost a year! It sucks, but it's better than the continual let down :)

    One day the right man will come into your life, we just have to wait for that right time :)

    Love ya girl! (even though I don't even know you LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it... it's like looking through mugshots... for a future crime they'll commit.

    ReplyDelete